Import your shapefile
FruitLook allows you to upload a shapefile (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shapefile
) with multiple fields. All fields will be read from the shapefile. Subsequently you can enter/alter a name, crop and field category and select the seasons for each field.
The shapefile needs to meet the following requirements:
- The shapefile must contain POLYGONS;
- The shapefile needs to be saved in geographic coordinates (long, lat; WGS84; EPSG: 4326);
- No lines of a polygon may overlap;
- The shapefile cannot contain polygons with a gap in the polygon itself;
- The shapefile needs to be provided in ZIP format, containing at least a .shp, a .shx and a .dbf file; You can download the following example: example.zip
- The shapefile must contain the following columns (Column names must be equal to the below):
- Name the field according to your preference
- The crop name must be similar to the names used on FruitLook. Click here for a list of the crops that are availible on FruitLook
- Provide field categories according to your preference
- The file must be in UTF-8 encoding file to be usable.
If you need help using this new functionality, please contact us via email@example.com